Things you wish you could say

I'd love to be able to raise all of my meat I eat, but I can't were I live unfortunately. So we try to get most of it from neighbors (mainly beef). Rabbit and poultry I'm trying to get my family to only eat from what we raise, but pig, fish and usually lamb we end up getting from the store

And you have the courage to butcher yourself. For some, that pushes them to no meat. I'll support this more than the ones who adamantly preach animal welfare and then eat grocery meat because the package says magical things like humanely raised, grass fed or some other buzz words.

At least, buy from a local farmer. Meet your meat. Pay respect to the animal.
I hope to be able to buy like that when I'm in my new place. Even here, once every few years I buy half a bison for my red meat, and I have a good idea of how it was raised.

I'll support this more than the ones who adamantly preach animal welfare and then eat grocery meat because the package says magical things like humanely raised, grass fed or some other buzz words.
This reminds me of my mother-in-law, even though it's not exactly the same scenario. She lives out of state, so I send her lots of pictures of the kids with the animals and stuff, and sometimes she asked me questions. I like to be honest, "oh yeah, those are the meat chickens". And she always has some comment about how it's sad, or how she could never do it, or how she can't wait until the day she dies so no more animals have to die, yada yada yada. But she's not a vegan or vegetarian, she just buys regular old meat from the store, not even the ones with the buzzwords. She just balks at the idea of actually having to do the killing herself. It's annoying to think that the meat she's eating was raised in far worse conditions and suffered more than the pasture raised meat birds that my family is raising and she still needs to comment on it. 🙄
But this is one of her only faults. She is a very kind, kind woman by all counts.

On another note, does anyone know what this is? It's about 10 inches long and the one end is a strainer. Found it in a loved ones things after they passed

Attachments

• 52896.jpeg
    52896.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 52847.jpeg
    52847.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom