Things you wish you could say

There are several sites that will do that for you...
You know, since the intranet has all the knowledge in the world, it's amazing that we even talk to each other anymore.

It was nice knowing y'all. According the internet, I've got a severe, terminal condition and will be dead by morning. Or I have a broken nail. Could be either one, really. :lau

And now for something completely different.

"Baby chick" is redundant. A chick is a baby bird. It's like calling a human infant a "baby baby."
I sometimes discuss "baby chicks" and "big chicks." I think it does sometimes make sense, as a way of pointing out that very young chicks ("baby chicks") have special needs that older ones don't-- even when the older ones are just a month or two older.

I sometimes discuss "baby chicks" and "big chicks." I think it does sometimes make sense, as a way of pointing out that very young chicks ("baby chicks") have special needs that older ones don't-- even when the older ones are just a month or two older.
You could say __ month old chick vs baby chick or big chick.
At a certain point, its just pullet or cockerel.
My favorite one so far was "my 15 month chick". 🤪🤣

You could say __ month old chick vs baby chick or big chick.
I could, and online I probably would.

But on a daily basis, talking to family members, it is much easier to call one group the "big chicks" and another group the "little chicks" (and maybe even a third group the "baby chicks.") That way I don't have to change what they are called every time they get another week or month older. The big chicks are always older than the little chicks, even as both groups get older.

Yes, sometimes they are "Snowy's chicks" or "Blackie's chicks" or "the chicks from McMurray," but at other times it'll be successive batches from the same source, or hatched in an incubator at different times from the same parents.

(I am not bothered that you dislike "baby chick," I'm just explaining why I think it sometimes makes sense to use it. But you are quite welcome to keep disliking it!)

that’s because up until 2 years, so much can happen in just a month.

there’s light years of difference between a 14 month old baby and a 19 month old baby.

if they keep doing it past 2 years old, though, you can slap them.
I have kids that are that little. But if my son is 22 months, I'm just going to say he's almost 2. I find it funny that people can keep track of their kids ages down to the month.

I have kids that are that little. But if my son is 22 months, I'm just going to say he's almost 2. I find it funny that people can keep track of their kids ages down to the month.
mine is 15 months old today.

it’s a much better way of tracking progress, plus the pediatrician speaks in months so it’s easier if everyone’s using the same measurements

Back
Top Bottom