Things you wish you could say

https://www.backyardchickens.com/help/terms/
#11👇

Don'ts
This is a list of things you should not do on our site. Our Team will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. Our Team has many years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience.

Remember this is a family friendly community, so no swearing, foul language, or profanity.

1. Definitely no inappropriate topics, especially "Adult"or innuendo.
  2. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
  3. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting. NOTE: Do not reply to or quote people who troll or flame.
  4. No Teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
  5. No Fighting or excessive arguing. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong".
  6. Do not advertise your products or services outside of the appropriate Buy Sell Trade (BST) areas of the forum.
  7. No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.
  8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age, or any other overly personal info.
  9. Do not promote other websites that are "similar" to our site, especially similar forums. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
  10. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
  11. We strongly discourage religious, political, and other strongly divisive topics, and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion.
sure, it’s written there but there are several extremely active religion threads and the covid thread has carried on for some two years with a very (one sided) heavy political slant.

so theory and practice seem to be saying different things.

Folks, I am hurting here!

Not being able to talk about subjects so crucial to farm living, such as government-implemented farming policies/mandates, is just wrong. Hard truth: We farm by the grace of our governments. We’d better know what they doing, and be able to talk about it.

I’m NOT talking about bashing this politisn or that, but rather, learning about policies (the good, the bad & the ugly) that affect our lives to the core and what we can seriously DO about it as serious, intelligent human beings.
You could start your own thread for those topics.

That says they "strongly discourage" not that it's not allowed.
That member wants to discuss policies pertaining to farming not argue politics. I don't see a problem with a thread like that as long as it stays on topic.
Dicky said the forum doesn't have rules about it and I was just pointing out that the forum does have a rule about it.
Not so much what the rule stated.

sure, it’s written there but there are several extremely active religion threads and the covid thread has carried on for some two years with a very (one sided) heavy political slant.

so theory and practice seem to be saying different things.
I agree.

Dicky said the forum doesn't have rules about it and I was just pointing out that the forum does have a rule about it.
Not so much what the rule stated.
I was just saying there wasn't a rule saying it wasn't allowed.
It was for the other member's sake. I don't much pay attention to what Dick is saying so I think we were replying towards different members

I don't much pay attention to what Dick is saying
1664118910245.gif

Most insurance companies give a discount for completing such a course whether you need it or not. Getting a discount on insurance costs is a worthwhile thing and does not imply that the course was actually needed for safety reasons.
Thanks, Elk. Will look into it. May help his hard braking and other rough handling. Ins discount definitely a motivator! Consider yourself hugged.

not that it would help in BBH’s case, but i’ve always just paid someone who runs one of those defensive driving courses to say i took the class.

i think it’s like $150/person. he takes down all your license information, then mails each person who participated a certificate about a week later.

then you contact your insurance company with the certificate and there’s your discount!
So...you're participating in a fraud scam? Excellent advice. 😶

Back
Top Bottom