Things you wish you could say

The one place it happens very often is when someone is tagged. If you select the tag from the list, it automatically puts a space after the tag. I am not sure if putting the punctuation directly after the tag affects the tag or not @Sally PB .
I'll try it with no space @R2elk.

Tagging that messes up punctuation irritates me too. Re-phrasing the sentence is a nuisance, leaving off the punctuation is wrong, and having punctuation after a space is also wrong.

I'll try it with no space @R2elk.

Tagging that messes up punctuation irritates me too. Re-phrasing the sentence is a nuisance, leaving off the punctuation is wrong, and having punctuation after a space is also wrong.
That won't prove anything. I have tags turned off. Doesn't matter how you do it for me, I will not get the tag.

That won't prove anything. I have tags turned off. Doesn't matter how you do it for me, I will not get the tag.
You could try tagging me with the space out, if we want to figure it out-- I've got tags turned on, so I could see whether it works.

Beating a dead horse here, but it still just gets under my skin every single time:
Their - possessive! It belongs to someone or something. This is their sign.
There - location! Opposite of 'here'. The sign is over there.
They're - contraction of 'they' and 'are'! They're putting their sign over there.
My God, how hard is this to remember???

To - The sign points to a door.
Too - This sign points to a door, too. The sign is too small.
Two - You need two signs.
Your - This is your sign.
You're - You're not reading the sign.
Than - His sign is bigger than yours.
Then - If you want a sign, then ask for one. I'll have it for you then.

There are so many more, but these above are the biggest peeves for me. Every time I see someone use them wrong, I just want to throttle them with a grammar book!

Beating a dead horse here, but it still just gets under my skin every single time:
Their - possessive! It belongs to someone or something. This is their sign.
There - location! Opposite of 'here'. The sign is over there.
They're - contraction of 'they' and 'are'! They're putting their sign over there.
My God, how hard is this to remember???

To - The sign points to a door.
Too - This sign points to a door, too. The sign is too small.
Two - You need two signs.
Your - This is your sign.
You're - You're not reading the sign.
Than - His sign is bigger than yours.
Then - If you want a sign, then ask for one. I'll have it for you then.

There are so many more, but these above are the biggest peeves for me. Every time I see someone use them wrong, I just want to throttle them with a grammar book!
You forgot loose and lose.

Back
Top Bottom