Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

What do skunks actually smell like? Is it a pooey smell, or???
Wow! Someone who doesn't know what a skunk smells like! Hard to describe. Really bad when it has sprayed your cat. Then you have a stinky squirming cat that you have to give a bath, Some people say to use tomato juice. I tried it the only time my cat met a skunk. Can't say if it works better or not

Funny thing is, if you're not too close, it isn't that bad!

How on earth could someone who had ever smelled either one confuse those 2?
That was our question too.

Well, there are some varieties that do smell rather ....funky skunkish, but my question is, how would they be that close to the building to smell it in the first place in order to get the search warrant to raid you? Maybe it's different in Canada, but here they have to have probable cause in order to get the search warrant. To say they smelled it suggests they were on the property before the warrant was issued.

My husband was raided once before we were married. They even brought a helicopter and hovered it over the adjoining field and woods looking for a crop. There was no crop. Someone who had a beef against him called in a "tip" that he was growing and the cops mounted a raid with no other evidence, but the anonymous tip was enough to get a search warrant.

When I got my flock I wish I had known that chicks like to perch on things. One morning I went to check on the chicks and found one outside their enclosure, shivering. Later that day I saw the same chick jump onto the rim of the enclosure and almost fall over.

Lesson learned- put a lid on the enclosure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom