Think my bird’ll come home tomorrow?

Has the bird returned ?
Any news???
sorry! forgot to check the thread. No sign of him today at my loft or his home loft. We're hoping he just got rained out though- it was his first true flight in about 8-9 months of life, so my theory is he was flying around or back to his home, just enjoying himself, then had to roost for the night and got rained out- it rained hard last night, and it's been drizzling all day. Fingers are crossed, though! Luckily, his baby has started eating on his own and the mom is still giving him food and water, so not too worrying there.

I’m hoping he’ll find his way. He hasn’t gone far so hopefully he come back. I’m truly sorry this happened
I mean it's my fault at the end of the day, should've been more careful. I really do hope he shows up since he was a good and fun to watch bird, but at least I have a squab out of him.

I’ve had a rooster missing and it was night. I was kinda hoping he was gone because we didn’t want any roosters. The next morning, I came down to the coop to let them out and heard the rooster crow...

I had two squeekers on the loose for a week this fall and they stuck around for the first day while I was trying to net them. I figured I would just wait till night because they had been sitting on top of the loft and I thought I could go up on a ladder I set up earlier and net them. They ended up sleeping 50 feet up a tree instead. The next day they were both still there in the morning then one disapeared, he was gone for the rest of the day and did not return that night. The next day he was back and the other was gone, the other was gone for two days. Finally he showed back up and they were both there, I threw some feed out for them and tried to net them but failed again. Later that day I came out, one was gone again and I saw a falcon flying around the pine trees. 2 days later he showed back up and the other was gone again. This whole time I had been feeding them on the driveway but couldnt get them to drink, I saw one sipping water drops off the roof of the loft in the morning. The next day both were back and I threw some feed to them and managed to net them both, they were looking pretty rough by then. I am assuming the falcon had been hunting them and thats why they kept disappearing for a day or two then returning. I was surprised how hardy they were especially for such young birds.
1115201148.jpg

Here they were the day I finally caught them. They survived freezing temps, wind storms, and rain storms. If yours is still alive I'd think he would come back eventually. The hawks or falcons might have got him though.

I had two squeekers on the loose for a week this fall and they stuck around for the first day while I was trying to net them. I figured I would just wait till night because they had been sitting on top of the loft and I thought I could go up on a ladder I set up earlier and net them. They ended up sleeping 50 feet up a tree instead. The next day they were both still there in the morning then one disapeared, he was gone for the rest of the day and did not return that night. The next day he was back and the other was gone, the other was gone for two days. Finally he showed back up and they were both there, I threw some feed out for them and tried to net them but failed again. Later that day I came out, one was gone again and I saw a falcon flying around the pine trees. 2 days later he showed back up and the other was gone again. This whole time I had been feeding them on the driveway but couldnt get them to drink, I saw one sipping water drops off the roof of the loft in the morning. The next day both were back and I threw some feed to them and managed to net them both, they were looking pretty rough by then. I am assuming the falcon had been hunting them and thats why they kept disappearing for a day or two then returning. I was surprised how hardy they were especially for such young birds. View attachment 2504230
Here they were the day I finally caught them. They survived freezing temps, wind storms, and rain storms. If yours is still alive I'd think he would come back eventually. The hawks or falcons might have got him though.

Interesting story! Hopefully the hawks don’t get to him, but you never know in this part of the nation, especially in winter. Only been 2 days though.

Back
Top Bottom