Thinking 2 of our Buff Orpington gals are in fact guys

Wow! Thank you, everyone! I’m honestly not quite sure what to make of this - there are good points made both ways. My heart wants to believe they’re pullets, my anxious gut says roosters!

If they are roosters, does anyone have advice on how to find them new homes??

Someone might take them for breeding.
We took one rooster back to the place we got him from, and he had a good home there.
Are you thinking of selling them or just rehoming them?

Wow! Thank you, everyone! I’m honestly not quite sure what to make of this - there are good points made both ways. My heart wants to believe they’re pullets, my anxious gut says roosters!

If they are roosters, does anyone have advice on how to find them new homes??

If I were you I'd check on Facebook to see if there is a local poultry page or group. We are members of the one for the entirety of Northern Ireland and have noticed that in terms of roosters, Buff Orpingtons in particular get snapped right up once they are posted about. Their popularity should work in your favour.

Hi we have 4 buff Orpingtons very similar to yours. Supposedly the same age. They were only days old when we got em. We are at 16 weeks now. 1 was always bigger a 2nd finally equaled the others size. Their combs started much sooner than the other 2 smaller ones. No crowing yet but lots of talking. Like you still not sure if we don’t have a rooster or 2. Waiting for the eggs to show up surely at my chicks age it would be easier to tell their sex.

Back
Top Bottom