Thinking about chickens in Asheville

kwdaniel

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 28, 2012
Hi Everyone,
My name is Kaki, I'm 27 and a renter in Asheville, NC. I am thinking about building an inexpensive coop and starting a small flock with my roommates, just for the eggs, to share and eat ourselves. I've never had any chickens myself, but I've been around them a little. I was searching around the internet for coop plans just to get some ideas and found this website. It seems really cool and informative.

I'm trying to get into the Nursing program here at the community college besides starting knitting projects and not finishing them. I work at a group home for adults with developmental disabilities too.

I hope to get involved here at BackYard Chickens - I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

Greetings from Kansas, Kaki, and
welcome-byc.gif
! So happy you joined us! I think getting some chickens is a great idea - you will love it! Best wishes to you!!

welcome to the flock. I am sure once you get your girls you will love it. I am also in school here but for PTA, didn't want to do the nursing thing. School can get stressful and our girls are a great stress reliever, I just go outside, sit, and watch them run around and act silly. Instant sanity returns and I can get on with my day :)

Back
Top Bottom