Thinking about getting Call ducks

The ones I’ve seen for sale are $50 a pair. This pair has a black bibbed drake and a chocolate bibbed duck, only problem is their bills are way too long especially the ducks.

The same person has two other call ducks for sale for $35 each at the moment. I’m not sure about colour or the size of their bills because this person has some very pixelated photos. Also this person has some ducklings which depending on their age are $12-$15, I think they are silvers.

The person has now put an ad up for two new pairs that are: blue bibbed duck / Mallard drake, Mallard duck / blue Mallard drake.
The first pair costs AU $80 and the second pair costs AU $120. And both pairs don’t have the smallest bills :(.

First pair:
0C7E2A0D-EF78-45CA-896E-B4566C394D1B.png
2857D38E-0163-47B4-B6EC-A0407564E79C.png

Second pair:
B08E01C6-0789-4CE6-A60F-86BF5C1C5053.png
9CD1DE8C-E48F-426D-9D8C-06CF18702EA4.png

the greys look awfully Mallard like. The drake has a really long body/bill so he might have some mallard in him, same goes for the hen. I would avoid those, The blue bibbed looks ok.

Oh I didn't know that.. Still, If you're looking for quality I would go with the blue bibbed, Even if they're more expensive.. It would coast more to breed out the long body shape & bill size than to just buy a better quality call in the long run.

Those I would go with, Most looks mix bred. The first drake looks pastel and the one in the last pic is grey(Mallard) Hens don't look like a certain variety. But they look pretty decent quality to me.

Back
Top Bottom