Thinking of farming

Quote:
Strawberryhousemouse, you would leave Tennessee? Are you redheaded?

Methinks we have a rascal among us!
wink.png

<-----------------adores redheads and all the crazyness that surrounds them
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
<-----------------adores redheads
big_smile.png

She'd burn under that Texas sun, darlin'

I's have beautiful shade trees and cool cool tea

Quote:
That would be her call. I'm good doin it by myself. Its gonna be awhile for me. Thats my second marrige down the tubes. Dont seem right to do it again.

Quote:
Actually, some plants fix nitrogen back into the ground as they grow. A friend of mine planted runner beans going up her corn, she didn't have to fertilize the corn because the beans were providing the nitrogen. It was lazy, cheap gardening that gave her 2 crops in the same space that she would only have had one.

Quote:
Actually, some plants fix nitrogen back into the ground as they grow. A friend of mine planted runner beans going up her corn, she didn't have to fertilize the corn because the beans were providing the nitrogen. It was lazy, cheap gardening that gave her 2 crops in the same space that she would only have had one.

I have heard tell of stuff like that. Its beyond me currently though. I reckon me and the library will be seeing a lot of each other this year.

Manure spreaders can be expensive.

Check local farm auctions or craigslist. There are probably farmers in the area who have them and no longer use them. They are not hard to fix up, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Alot of farmers hire this done too, so keep looking around and you may find one within your price range. Spreaders with top beaters will cost more and is not necessary for the acreage you have. Look for a small spreader with just the rear beater, that should be all you will need.

We have such a small one that we don't even use it anymore. We borrow the neighbors and he borrows our grain vac.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom