Thinking of Moving, but Where to?

Farmin Armen

Chirping
Jun 23, 2021
Let’s just say that the state that I live in is... getting old. Take that as you will. I’m looking for some ideas of a town where wife can stay home to homestead, raise the small kiddos, space for the Aussie to run around in, and lots of room for lots of chickens. Also, a place where the people are kind.

Kindness is getting lost in the weeds where I live.

Growing up, I was from a small town with a small population on the west coast. They were all kind and we helped each other out regardless of, let’s say, ideologies.

Still on the west coast. Seeking to go east. Although, when Jonah went east, he got swallowed up by a whale, so not sure if going east is a good idea. 😂

Hello 👋 from the westcoast.

Where are you?

Lacy Duckwing

Autistic Chicken Lover
Premium Feather Member
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hi from Maine! What’s it like?
Depends who you are... Been dealing with a lot of mandates.... :(

I don't know if it's still the same.... But my Mom said that Ashland, ME is a very nice town, and the people were friendly. True, that was several years ago, but I know she wishes she could move back. :D

Farmin Armen

Chirping
Jun 23, 2021
Depends who you are... Been dealing with a lot of mandates.... :(

I don't know if it's still the same.... But my Mom said that Ashland, ME is a very nice town, and the people were friendly. True, that was several years ago, but I know she wishes she could move back. :D
TBH, It’s the mandates in my area, including the ones that are slated to come in the near future. Plus, hard work isn’t valued. No one wants to gain by the sweat of their brow, it seems. So those two things are weighing on me. Maybe I can weather the mandates, but I want to establish family roots in a town that values hard work and community.

Top Bottom