~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

I have a boy that is struttin... got him and three hens from my neighbor

no signs of eggs yet.. but our weather has been insane plus they were a bit underweight when I got them.

Hey Renee... and Konza eggs available in a few weeks?... I'll send you a PM

My flock of BR's I have 11 here and I have 2 that hang with my chickens
cool.png
. 5 toms and 8 hens 13 all together. I do plan on taking two to freezer camp in the next week or so though.

Last edited:
My flock of BR's I have 11 here and I have 2 that hang with my chickens :cool: . 5 toms and 8 hens 13 all together. I do plan on taking two to freezer camp in the next week or so though.
My flock of BR's I have 11 here and I have 2 that hang with my chickens :cool: . 5 toms and 8 hens 13 all together. I do plan on taking two to freezer camp in the next week or so though.
They are beautiful do they taste better then supermarkets

Quote: Most turkeys in supermarkets are of the double breasted variety and cannot breed naturally due to their immense size. That being said; They won't get as big as some of the supermarket ones but, I think they taste the same if not a little better. I just like the home grown version because I know how it was raised and the food it's been raised on.

Quote: Turkeys can get blackhead disease from being housed in close quarters with chickens. My birds are never locked up but rather hang out together and roost in the same coop ( two of them anyway) Most of my turkeys are in their own run and coop. I never overcrowd my birds, it's just asking for disaster. To answer your question the official answer is no but I have been raising both together for years and they are happy healthy birds.

Back
Top Bottom