Third attempt at incubating.

Naughty computer!

previous ones died as I could not keep the temp stable...cold house. Now that I have a dedicated room, I’m thinking I may have some success (famous last words)
A stable room temperature makes a HUGE difference with some incubators and I'm betting you will be successful. Just remember to strive for a constant temperature and humidity for each stage of development. Try to be patient and do not open the incubator unless it's because of an emergency. Prior to hatching, make sure there is NOTHING in the incubator that could be harmful. Be sure that the incubator has a nonslip surface to prevent spladdle leg and other leg problems. This is very important when the eggs first hatch and many incubators do have a slippery floor.

Arrgh! Eggs were supposed to be delivered today and of course. They are still sitting in Florida. Poor little munchkins.

Contacted the seller. Laid mostly on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Sent on Wednesday.

What do you experts think? Ok if they arrive on Monday?
Don’t forget to rest them point down on counter for 12-24 hours. 24-48 hours if not old. I’m setting 60 that came on day 12 thanks to the po. I bought from myshirefar.com so they are guaranteed 50%, so I’m already on the reship list.

20210226_093541.jpg
Got mine set this morning. All the tagged ones are lavender orp. And I filled in with my mutt mix golden comet/jersey giant.

I wouldn't worry about humidity that much until lock down. I start mine out between 45%-54% and refill the water channels when it gets down to 30% or when it starts adversely affecting the temperature. In lock down I am happy anywhere between 55%-65% but do not get concerned if it is higher.

Controlling the humidity during 1-18 regulates the moisture loss in the egg, allowing the air cell to develop. That is what you want to regulate your humidity on. What RH I use here in the midwest may not work in the southwest or the northeast. A lot has to do with the ambient RH.

Good luck on your hatch.

Don’t forget to rest them point down on counter for 12-24 hours. 24-48 hours if not old. I’m setting 60 that came on day 12 thanks to the po. I bought from myshirefar.com so they are guaranteed 50%, so I’m already on the reship list.
You mean in an egg carton, (duh) right? I’ll put them in the warm room because the house is too cold.

You mean in an egg carton, (duh) right? I’ll put them in the warm room because the house is too cold.
I think it would be hard to get them to stand up on point without the carton🤣. My shipper has them in foam pads so I just rested them in it.
It has to do with helping the air sack at the large end reestablish if it’s been disturbed in the shipping process. And it gives the eggs time to come to room temp.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom