This? At a CHURCH?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Husband already told the lady that was running the food bank of how he disliked those signs. The lady said it was a version from the bible, Im trying to find my bible and look it up because I never heard of that version. She didn't tell me exactly what version it is from. The volunteerers there were also wearing T-shirts with the SAME saying.
We been to that church before to deliver bread to Worthington Springs, Lake Butler, and Starke. We volunteered to deliver bread to those who cannot get transportation out to the food bank. When we went there, we were planning on putting up our orders for those people and it usually takes about a week for it all be packed and ready for us to take it to them. This is the first time we went there for ourselves, we didn't have to order ahead, they gave us 4 BIG boxes which now is filling up our 2 fridge and freezers.
Hubby said that there is no way in heck is he going to get a job over there. He is not an Obama voter but he has said he is quite impressed with Obama lately. He does LOVE Islam but he respects them as human with a problem. He said it's DEAD wrong of what they are posting.

I dont remember the name of the Church, I will have to ask Husband about that, was my first time going to the church myself, but it is located in Gainesville, not far from Alachua. Name of the Food Bank is "Loaf of Love"

Quote:
Although I agree that a religion shouldn't be judged by a few, unsavory characters, this does damage people's perception of any faith.

It is Christians who should speak out loudly against this type of idiocy.

I do not believe because they are doing one good thing, no matter how noble, that we should view their prejudice less harshly. Prejudice will affect more people then their bread will feed.

chickensducks&agoose :

http://www.islamoblog.com/2009/09/gainesville-church-think-islam-is-of.html

Yep that's the church, alright. They now have a sign made out in XMAS LIGHTS. It
sickbyc.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
me!​

Quote:
Islam did not exist when the scriptures were written, so the woman either has not read her bible or she is doing some serious contortions of the verses.

That is horrible!!! So UN Christian and against all that is good about them!!! I watched a PBS show on The koran, the bible and the Torah(sorry for any spelling mistakes) didn't know they are only different by 5 words. INTERESTING!!! I was very shocked but then really i wasn't.

I would find out what church is was like Luthern, catholic etc etc and go up the chain to complain! I know this is horrible but i have found the most racist people here in Florida! Shame cause i love it down here! Anyone who promotes HATE should be ashamed!!! I also would contact the Islamic Council in Gainsville. My brother in law and many friends are Muslim, they are sweet people!

If you could like to protest the signs and the shirt, you can contact the Dove World Outreach Center, here is their contact information.

Address:
5805 NW 37th St
Gainesville, FL 32653

Phone:
352-371-2487

Fax:
352-371-6511

Email:
[email protected]

That is from the link that has already been provided.

Quote:
Some churches are unconnected with any higher authority.

Kind of reminds you of Westboro Baptist in Topeka, doesn't it. (BTW, I know of no Baptist organizations that accept this Topeka church or its beliefs. They call themselves Baptists.) In the US, the first amendment gives individuals and groups certain freedoms of speech and religion, but it also gives others the right to ignore them. My first reaction is also one of anger, but when I think about it, our country is strong because it allows others to express their viewpoints. Instead of feeding anger with more anger, for me the best reaction may be to react with pity and pray for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

This is a hard one for me. Displays like this can be used as propoganda to make some people think all US citizens are like this, thus adding to the danger to our Armed Forces personnel and probably us private citizens as well. I hope a majority of us are not like this, but I think our actions as a people has to be to show the rest of the world that expressions like this are freedoms that we enjoy and much of the rest of the world does not. I'll mention the recent vote in Switzerland about minarets to show why I am not sure what the majority opinion actually is in this country. I hope we are not heading down that highway.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gQQNDxreZDrrtAOtCS9baREJJr9g

Quote:
If there wasn't children involved in my group that I give out bread to, I would do the same thing. This one family that I pass bread to is a widow mom of 6 kids. Their father passed away from a sudden heart attack last year and the mom is struggling way beyond believes to feed the kids. Another family with 3 kids, one of the daughters have cancer and dad works 2 jobs and mom works as well but they still cannot keep up with the bills.

I got 5 families that I bring food to and all have children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom