This came from her...but what is she when told her eggs should be blue...

MadinWonderland

Owner/Operator R&S Mini Velociraptor Petting Zoo
Feb 1, 2023
Four Oaks NC
20230115_095246_resized.jpg
20230109_070916.jpg

Can Praries lay this color egg?

That bird looks like a red (or gold) sex link/hybrid.

My Easter Egger from TSC/Hoovers just started laying and is also about that tan color.. not blue at all unfortunately. Still a lovely egg in a different shade than my other ladies.

If by prairie you mean can prarie bluebell eggers lay tan.. I would expect white if not blue according to the cross stated to achieve it. However I have also seen Easter Eggers called araucana in the industry.. so if they were that sloppy in their cross then I would totally think anything IS possible.

Congrats on your new layer, I'm so excited to be getting eggs again! :celebrate

That bird looks like a red (or gold) sex link/hybrid.

My Easter Egger from TSC/Hoovers just started laying and is also about that tan color.. not blue at all unfortunately. Still a lovely egg in a different shade than my other ladies.

If by prairie you mean can prarie bluebell eggers lay tan.. I would expect white if not blue according to the cross stated to achieve it. However I have also seen Easter Eggers called araucana in the industry.. so if they were that sloppy in their cross then I would totally think anything IS possible.

Congrats on your new layer, I'm so excited to be getting eggs again! :celebrate
Honestly at this point all I know is, I have 10 chickens. 4 of which are laying so I know I have at least 4 hens. People say your hens can turn into roos...so idk at this point lol.
But yes she was labeled Prairie bluebell along with a black on with a red beak( she does lay light blue). I supposedly a Sapphire Gem. A knock off of the Ameraucana. 2 olive Eggers, 2 easter Eggers. And 2 mystic onyx. I think the Sapphire and 1 mystic is a definite.
I'm super ecstatic because I know I have 10 chickens.
Well one may be a little more like a velociraptor but who's picky?
Once I fond out what they really are I can remake their baby books. This is batgirl. The blue breakfast pooper.
20221103_203516.jpg
Resized_20230202_114124.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom