1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This cannot be right. (see pic included)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pdavis7484, Apr 16, 2007.

1. pdavis7484

pdavis7484 Out Of The Brooder

"Crazy eye" pictured below, sleeps like this all the time. Crazy huh. I thought that she/he was dead the first time I seen her/him like this.[​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    So what's wrong? [​IMG]

Do you mean that bare patch of eyelid? That is what folds in on itself and you don't see it when the eye is open. Like your upper eyelid.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Baby and young chickens sleep in all sorts of positions when they are little. It's normal.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Yup... looks dead to me! [​IMG]

I think crazy-eye looks a bit odd too! She/he must have had a really tiring day!

5. pdavis7484

pdavis7484 Out Of The Brooder

One day it was on his/her back sleeping with it's leg's stuck up in the air. I'll get a pic of that too. Ya'll have got to see that! They sleep in some of the strangest positions.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mine sleep with their neck stuck out like that, too. It looks like they are ready for the chopping block! [​IMG]

7. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    The splat! I love the splat, especially when you have about twelve of them all doing it at the same time.

8. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have two chicks that sleep standing then fall over and wake everyone up! It's a riot!

9. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Awwwwwwwww...looks very comfy to me. Makes me wanna take a nap.

10. demonique

demonique Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Montana
    *giggle* I wish I had known this a week ago. I recieved a bunch of dead and deathly ill chicks in the mail.... and was worried anytime the poor things weren't standing up that they were about to die, so I'd hurriedly "revive" them with a guide to the waterer.

*lol* A week later, I see that my survivors like to sprawl out strangely, too! Imagine that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by