This chick is driving me crazy,,,advice plez?

erijn5

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
South Central IL
We have chicks, probably around 30...they are already outside fully feathered, just fine... Out of my last hatch I've got 1 chick, as it was growing I put 2 friends in with it from the other group. So they were 3 in total in the garage, the rest outside. So I put the 3 outside and all the older ones are fine,,,,BUT the runt (1) that I put the friends in with is obsessed with ME.. It keeps finding 1 way or another to get out of the pen.. It has me totally bafffled, it is like a mystery chicken...

So today it was about 100 degrees and I was tired of walking out catching the lil brat, watching and waiting and it would not get out when I was out there...so I finally brought it in and put it in a tote with a lamp since we have the air on inside...I did not want to freeze it...

So anyway all day CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP....drove me crazy, so I would hold it and let it waller me all day, nesting in my hair, sitting on my finger, sitting on my shoulder...so finally when it cooled down this evening I put it back in with the others.. This baby has never bonded with me as a human...I thought it was a chicken till I moved it and its friends out with the other CHICKENS..

Do you think it will be okay? Will the others leave it alone or do you think they will beat up on it since it is smaller? I can't believe its 2 friends don't stick with it and run around with it...
fl.gif

2 words- "house chicken"

OK just kidding. I'd keep a close eye on it with the others; so you can remove it if it does get picked on.

It should integrate into the flock eventually.

Good luck

Imp

Back
Top Bottom