This don't look like a chicken in my chicken coop

Wish you'd been around when my dog ran off last winter. He died either from being hit by a car or freezing to death 3 miles from home. Found out he'd been hanging around the guys farm where the snowplow driver found him in the ditch for 2 days and they kept chasing him off. He was a well bred, well trained, well socialized and friendly golden retriever with a collar and my phone number on it and certainly would have come when called to get the info off the collar. Snowplow driver brought us back the collar, buried the dog for us by his duck slough.

If that farmer had even a fraction of your compassion we'd still have our dog. Sometimes even the best cared for, most loved dogs get a case of wanderlust and can't find their way home. Thank you for doing the right thing, you are a wonderful person.

Very well said. I am so sorry you lost your buddy though
hugs.gif

Wish you'd been around when my dog ran off last winter. He died either from being hit by a car or freezing to death 3 miles from home. Found out he'd been hanging around the guys farm where the snowplow driver found him in the ditch for 2 days and they kept chasing him off. He was a well bred, well trained, well socialized and friendly golden retriever with a collar and my phone number on it and certainly would have come when called to get the info off the collar. Snowplow driver brought us back the collar, buried the dog for us by his duck slough.

If that farmer had even a fraction of your compassion we'd still have our dog. Sometimes even the best cared for, most loved dogs get a case of wanderlust and can't find their way home. Thank you for doing the right thing, you are a wonderful person.

If I was your neighbor, I would have helped. I am sorry your sorry ended like that.

Vicki,

I hope you don't mind, but I sent an email to your local paper with a link to this post. I told them they should do a story on this. With all the crap that goes on now a days, THIS is the kind of stuff we need to see more often. If contacted and you don't want to I am sure you can decline, but you did a wonderful thing here and many people, as you can already see, find it very heart warming. I can't say I would have done the same, but this story gives me cause to pause and think that if it were to happen to me in the future I would feel a lot differently. You have some good karma coming your way!
I am honored that you felt like doing that. I think you are right though about this story making people feel good, and I think I know what I am goin to do with it. I think it would make a great childrens story book, I could call it the adventures of Daisy the Doberman.

I just read through the entire thread and WOW! That was a sacrifice you made in a world that embraces convenience. Definitely a lesson to us all that great things can happen when you do the right thing, even when it's not always the easy thing.

I just read your story too and now sitting her crying! You hear SSS so much on here that it just makes you sick! So to hear a good story with the best outcome imaginable is sooo great! So
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
To you for being such a remarkable person and Daisy's hero Not to mention her family's too,

it was wonderful that you took that poor dog in especially since so many people give Dobermans a jaundiced eye thinking they are all blood thirsty killers. You could tell by your picture she wasn't that kind of dog. I would have loved to have her myself. Since she is such a sweet , obedient dog, I think she may have been "taken" by someone rather than wandering off. I don't think she willingly would have left her family.

You may have misunderstood the SSS philosophy. It is the path of last resort with animals that are killing or have killed any of you flock. If an animal is out of control of it's owner and is a danger some has to be done, that is unless you intend to sacrifice your animals to it. The majority of us have our chicken for survival, that being food. To have them needlessly wasted is just not allowable.
smile.png

Daisey was not a danger to anything or anybody. I don't use this term lightly, but she was a precious looking Doberman. A fantastic breed of dog.

Looks to be in the right place! Sounds like a four legged chicken! Lol!
I know he will never be able to say, so I'll lend him a voice box.....THANK YOU......THANK YOU.......THANK YOU......for caring!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom