This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
I'm gonna venture to veer this away from cheese and flat earth "theory" for a minute here and post on the original topic of this thread. (Crazy idea, right?)

I used this site as a resource for years before joining. It HAS changed dramatically in the past year. As some of you seem offended with throwing around the term "kids" and making this about age, lets just call it a nose dive in maturity levels. The nonsense, attention seeking, and bad advice is rampant... and its a huge distraction from the true value of this site as a POULTRY KEEPING RESOURCE.

My experience here has greatly improved since I started working out that ignore button. I've starting using it like my own personal BYC spam filter. Its a shame its come to that, but I guess that's just where we are. Sure, an ignored member may have something constructive to say (one day), but I won't see it, and I'm good with that. Chances are, its been said by someone else with far more tact and self control anyway.

I think that even with the wrong information being given, byc would still be much better of if people stopped making troll threads. They've calmed down now, but back in like February and march, there were constantly ones.

Also @roosterhavoc, bit off topic but literally every time I see your profile pic, I think it's Yosemite Sam for a split second 😅

I think that even with the wrong information being given, byc would still be much better of if people stopped making troll threads. They've calmed down now, but back in like February and march, there were constantly ones.

Also @roosterhavoc, bit off topic but literally every time I see your profile pic, I think it's Yosemite Sam for a split second 😅
I remember that. It was really bad there for a short time.

Same lol.

My biggest thing isn't the chatting. It's the one sided-ness of everything.

This is the internet. You are going to see all kinds of stuff you disagree with. I see stuff every single day I don't agree with. I very rarely cry to mods about it. It seems like today's "offense culture" has taken over here. Whenever someone sees something that offends them, they hit that report button and/or start a thread to whine about it. The report button should only be used for serious rule breaking. Not petty things that hurt your feelings or offend you. You see something you don't like? Move on. No need to waste mods time on it or nitpick about it.

I left social media for these reasons. Tired of all the fighting and offending, complaining, and whining. This is seriously starting to feel like Facebook.

It's a chicken forum. Let's keep it that way. I don't care what people talk about either. That's not what I mean. What I mean is this: you do you, but let me do me. You see something you don't like? I do too. I just don't whine or complain about it. You do the same. Just move on and chat with friends or help someone that could use it.... if you actually know what you're talking about that is.
Well said.

Back
Top Bottom