This forum has been much different lately.

Pics

TheOddOneOut

🌧️🌧️🌧️
Feb 15, 2020
OR
I feel as though it’s just kids on here. There’s all these people making trouble, clogging up informational threads, or trying to answer things they don’t understand. I realize that it’s not fair to say it’s all kids that are doing this, but it really doesn’t feel like the same BYC. I barely post in public anymore because it’s not the same smart forum filled with knowledgeable members anymore- it’s like a birthday party.
I understand that it’s fun to talk, but keep the chat in the chat threads or PMs - and keep it appropriate.
I’m just tired of it.

Take this with a grain of salt, please.

I agree. It’s hard to help anyone, or get help yourself lately.
It seems like all threads where someone needs help turn into chat threads, or get completely incorrect info, or are never answered at all.
I get trying to help...but when you don’t know something, you should learn it before you try to answer.

I’m not talking about specific people, or trying to be rude.
x2. Its just in general. I know it can be hard to really enforce the whole age thing, but I for one have seen some accounts that are way too young and should have been banned a long time ago.

I know I may have been guilty of saying something that turned out to be incorrect, but for the most part I try to stick to only what I know and tag people if I'm tagged on some thread I have no business being tagged on.

I'm getting tired of people that know their birds are needing changes in lifestyle (selling birds to get to a reasonable amount or using actual medicine not the homeopathic stuff that's become popular, or even just culling a bird that likely isn't going to get better). A lot of people seem to think it's cruel to cull a sick bird or not take it to the vet, when it just isn't always the case.

Back
Top Bottom