This forum has been much different lately.

You forgot about the medical masks:
nejmp2011418_f1.jpeg

These masks protected them from the "miasma" that was thought to cause the disease. They would stuff the beak with posies
Very creepy looking!

You forgot about the medical masks:
nejmp2011418_f1.jpeg

These masks protected them from the "miasma" that was thought to cause the disease. They would stuff the beak with posies

Ah yes, the plague doctor masks! I knew I was forgetting something! The "beak" of the masks were filled with theriac, which was essentially a combination of herbs and ingredients, including myrrh, honey, cinnamon, lavender, opium, and more unusual things like dried scorpions and flesh from reptiles!

Completely joking but I find it very funny that a thread complaining about threads devolving into chat threads has become a chat thread itself. Job well done folks
Actually what the OP said was:
There’s all these people making trouble, clogging up informational threads, or trying to answer things they don’t understand.
Was the previous information not informative? Theres a difference between intellectual conversation and nonsense

Actually what the OP said was:

Was the previous information not informative? Theres a difference between intellectual conversation and nonsense
hence my "totally joking" disclaimer, also and correct me if I'm wrong but my statement wasn't about the OP but another post i saw in here somewhere saying something similar. Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, totally harmless jokes

hence my "totally joking" disclaimer, also and correct me if I'm wrong but my statement wasn't about the OP but another post i saw in here somewhere saying something similar. Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, totally harmless jokes
Oh no I understand completely. I just dont want people to misunderstand or misread the OP's point. Jokes are appreciated but in the correct context. Im a joker as well but lately you kinda have to feel the room more than usual..

Back
Top Bottom