This heat is too ridiculous...

We, luckily, got some rain too, after several weeks of 90 to 100 degree weather
th.gif
It was a pain to just go outside and feed and water the chickens it was so hot! (Which normally only takes me about five minutes.) But now its 80 degrees out
smile.png

We had a rain shower as well today and it helped. The humidity is just so high, my hubby said today he must have holes in his body because he drank water and it ran back out!LOL

I am so sorry for anyone who has lost loved ones (people OR animals) because of heat. In 2007, my 89 yo father died of heatstroke when he went to WalMart. I live in Kansas, and my seven hens have been suffering even with putting them in the shade (portable pen) and putting a shop fan on them. I tried misting them, but they also HATED it, and I didn't want to stress them more! With like 6-7 more days forecasted with over 100 degree heat indexes, I did what I never thought I would do...I put my chickens in my basement! !They are confused and not liking it much, but at least they might survive!

Quote:
I'm sorry about your father. I'm in NE KS and know the basement was a good idea. I have a huge workload to keep the hundreds of birds alive during this madness. I can't put all of them in my basement, but I wish I could!!

Keep cool, everyone!

I shouldn't be complaining because we usually dont get 110 weather here in MI, but this up and coming week is all supposed to be in the high 90's. I am only really complaining because we don't have a/c.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom