THIS IS A DUCK POST

JaffaDuck

Chirping
Aug 23, 2022
I'm trying to hatch ducks 1/6 looks like its got something in it. It looks like a circle with a dot in it maybe a few veins.
I'm not sure what it is. Any help?

Attachments

• duck egg.jpg
    duck egg.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 4
  • duck egg 2.jpg
    duck egg 2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 3
How many days has this egg been incubating?
Is it under a duck or in an incubator?

There might be sometbing there but those arent veins or they dont look like veins (yet).

I usually see multiple darkish veins after 6 or 7 days in the incubator...they are orangey/red and sprawl out over a large area of the egg.

If the eggs are under a duck, it can be tricky unles you know which egg she laid first or early on. If the eggs are under a duck, try to use the "oldest" egg or mark all eggs today and wait a week to candle again.

Yes I am trying to hatch supermarket eggs I expected nothing from them I've heard ppl have done it b4 so I wanted to try. Thats when i noticed the ring thing

Yes I am trying to hatch supermarket eggs I expected nothing from them I've heard ppl have done it b4 so I wanted to try. Thats when i noticed the ring thing
I have done this before, this egg is fertilised and was developing but based on your more recent threads, it quit around day 3.
I'm really sorry.
Do you actually have ducks already or is this an experiment/first time trying with poultry?

Back
Top Bottom