This is a long shot, looking for a home for older hens in WA

Pics
I think they are awesome pets, I spend so much time hanging out with them.

I don't care what other people do with their chickens, but I cant imagine my backyard flock that I've bonded with, no longer with me. even if they here replaced.

When I get my own chickens, they'll stay with me til the day they die of natural causes.
if I am going to butcher chickens, they are going to be meat chickens that I will do my best not to form a relationship with.
Wow, we have exactly the same view haha

I think they are awesome pets, I spend so much time hanging out with them.

I don't care what other people do with their chickens, but I cant imagine my backyard flock that I've bonded with, no longer with me. even if they here replaced.

When I get my own chickens, they'll stay with me til the day they die of natural causes.
if I am going to butcher chickens, they are going to be meat chickens that I will do my best not to form a relationship with.
My dad has pens that the butcher animals go to and I still love on them they get treats BUT THE ONE THING I DO NOT DO IS NAME THEM OR I GET WAY TO ATTACHED. And I hate calling them butcher animals but if they get bought at auction that’s 99% chance where their going and not going to a home as a pet other than horses and donkeys

100% agreed. I'm so sorry about your hens, that is the problem I am facing now.
My hens don't like me as much as yours sound like they do though! Haha, but are still very sweet.

Mine aren't very cuddly but they come and peck in a circle around me, some will lay down pressed up beside me and we'll sunbathe for awhile together. Only one likes pets and cuddles. The are the best, though.

Its doing better. I can stand without a boot now, but still can't walk on it without a boot. Were getting there, hopefully it will be fully healed soon! :fl
Thanks so much for your kind words and support. I appreciate it! 💕
Praying for a speedy and painless recovery! :fl

My dad has pens that the butcher animals go to and I still love on them they get treats BUT THE ONE THING I DO NOT DO IS NAME THEM OR I GET WAY TO ATTACHED. And I hate calling them butcher animals but if they get bought at auction that’s 99% chance where their going and not going to a home as a pet other than horses and donkeys

yeah, the difference between my hypothetical flock and a batch of meat chickens, is bonding.

yeah I'll be sad, but #1 its much more ethical to raise meat myself. and #2 I didn't have emotional connection to them.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread @Weeg . Least its getting bumped though

yeah, the difference between my hypothetical flock and a batch of meat chickens, is bonding.

yeah I'll be sad, but #1 its much more ethical to raise meat myself. and #2 I didn't have emotional connection to them.

Anyways, sorry for hijacking your thread @Weeg . Least its getting bumped though
No problem! Hopefully it will be were people can see it. I appreciate all of your help and kind words! Hopefully these guys find homes soon!

Back
Top Bottom