This is eggs-actly what I feared.

Oh yes, been there... a few times. However, I'm surprised how many times I've had an egg in my pocket, and it hasn't cracked. I put one in my coat pocked. It's a real big bulky jacket that is actually my husbands. From there, proceeded to clean poop boards, lock up chickens, and go feed the goats. All of this requiring alot of bending over, and closing stuff with my sides and back, since my hands were full. When I was done, I headed in. I took the jacket off, threw it on top of the washing machine ( I go through the laundry room when coming in from outside. Thats where all the dirty shoes and stuff stay), removed my mucky shoes, grabbed the jacket and it wasn't until I went to hang it up that I realized there was an egg in the pocket, still intact. Grocery store eggs would never of made it that far!
lol.png

Good heavens. MANY MORE THAN JUST ONE pocket eggs.

I've had pocket egg with a cell phone in the pocket. Had to get a new cell phone.

I've had pocket egg with my watch in it. Watch still works.

I've had pocket egg with other eggs.

You'd think I'd learn.

In my short 4 months up here in Heber, I have had 3 pocket eggs... sadly I never feel the crunch, and a few minutes later I feel a wetness running down my leg... Doh!... I wasn't planning on sharing this, but I see I am not alone.
I now have my egg cartons stored above the coops, so I dont put them in my pocket that often.

Oh Mahonri, it is now snowing pretty hard in Heber.

I was more than half-way through knitting a woolen bag as a Christmas gift --- complicated pattern, Norwegian yarn, etc. etc. etc. --

---safely tucked yarn, needles, and almost-finished project into the knitting bag I carry in the car ---

-- stopped by hen-house on the way to do errands and several days later I discovered congealed-egg all over the half-finished project -- no way to wash it out or to pretend that crushed egg-shells were the latest thing in bag-decoration (even tho the eggs in question were a lovely shade of blue) ugh! ugh! ugh!

recipient will be getting an "I.O.U." for one hand-crafted (and egg-free) bag -- to be completed in the next few months - :-(

Back
Top Bottom