This is happening...just placed order for my pullets!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Buckaroohens, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Buckaroohens

Buckaroohens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2013
    Chester County, PA
    Well, I'm jumping in! I am going to pick up my four lovely little chickens on June 9th! Now, I have to get started on gathering all my materials for the coop/run and all the supplies. Fun, fun, fun! I'm so excited! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Ah! The suspenseful joy of pre-ordering! Good luck on the prep!

3. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Congrats! It is a great endeavor! The spring we built our chicken coop was crazy, good luck!

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Great stuff! Welcome to BYC and I hope that you enjoy the learning and planning process. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask - we're a friendly bunch.

All the best

Ct

5. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

I just picked up a few chicks to build my tiny flock and it brings back memories of when we started our chicken adventure, gosh, almost seven years ago. (By the way, brace yourself for all the chicken-themed gifts you will accumulate once you assume your identity as a "chicken person".)

There's nothing more fun than baby chicks and truly nothing more fun than your FIRST baby chicks. Enjoy and congratulations!

6. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I still get excited every year when I order new chicks no matter how many I already have. It's so nice to have something to look forward to. What kind are you getting?

7. Buckaroohens

Buckaroohens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2013
    Chester County, PA
    I'm actually getting 17 week old sex-link pullets. I might do chicks down the road. I'm so excited!

8. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Still exciting, chickens are fun.

9. AuntNomi

AuntNomi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2015
    Callahan, Florida!
    Congrats, and good luck! Beware of the chicken math tho, it'll get ya! I didn't even want chickens.....but the kids just went to daddy when I said no. They got 6 chicks from TSC.....We now have 4 flocks in separate coops total of 33 chickens and a turkey. And I just love them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by