This is my little bantam hen. Can anyone tell me what color she is?

Guess I always need to click to enlarge the pics! Chalk another one up to chemo-brain
roll.png

Nah, I made a mistake too- no chemo here. Hang in there and sure hope you are on fast track to recovery!
Thank you.

I'll be sure to note the date & time of your mistake, just to be able to remind you in the future
wink.png
I always enjoy reading your posts, your knowledge of genetics is above mine and I like learning little bits at a time.

Thank you.

I'll be sure to note the date & time of your mistake, just to be able to remind you in the future
wink.png
I always enjoy reading your posts, your knowledge of genetics is above mine and I like learning little bits at a time.

You're being way too kind but thank you.
smile.png
I pretty much agree with all of your own posts- was surprised to see a boo-boo from you in this thread. But then I proceeded to make one too, how funny.

I was told by a few other people she may be a buff colombian D'uccle

Not bad, however she has a rose comb. As far as I know, d'Uccles are all single combed.

Technically, columbian pattern has more black on the neck than she does. Like on Light and Buff Brahma, Columbian rocks etc. Black tail buffs usually have little or no black on the neck.

I suspect she might be a cross between d'Anvers and mille fleur d'Uccle. That would/could work out genetically for her color and having rose plus that small amount of leg feathering is common result of crossing feather leg with clean leg. Or at the very least, a mille fleur d'Uccle crossed with something rose combed and clean legged.

If you're interested in figuring out- breeding with a mille fleur would tell you if she is half mille- if half of the offspring have mille coloring, that's the smoking gun. The other half would more or less be the same as her in coloring- very basically, mille is buff columbian plus mottling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom