This is never going to work!

momma's chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Idaho
big_smile.png
I SO am impatient. I set my eggs in my bator about 2 1/2 hours ago and I keep peering in the window like they are going to magical do something. This is my first time hatching in an incubator so the three LONG weeks will be something else. I hope they are fertile. My rooster to hen ratio is bad, 1 roo to 30 hens so who knows but I am so excited. If they don't develop I will do duck eggs because I know they are fertile. The incubator is running at 100 degrees and the moisture is currently 43%.

:)YAY! I am so happy for you. I know how hard it is to wait, but miracles happen a minute at a time. Hopefully your Roo has done his job, and you will have lil ones before too long. Good luck to you!.
smile.png

OMG, wait until you are in the last week, I'm at day 16, and I candled today, 23 out of 24 have wiggly chicks inside, I think 1 quit, but not sure yet. I keep peering in, thinking maybe an egg will move or something. this is my first hatch too, and on thursday the turner comes out, and the humidity goes up, I'm sooo excited, I can't believe I sould have Chicks by the end of this weekend! And My RIR's are wigglin all over the place inside their eggs! Also today was the first day I was able to make out movement in my super dark Cuckoo Maran eggs. Good luck with your hatch!
celebrate.gif

LOL! If you think it's bad now, wait till they start hatching!! I was without sleep from day 20 until day 22 with my first hatches!! My poor chicks were probably traumatized from seeing my face plastered on the incubator window!!!
ep.gif
I am better now, but I still can't wait for the hatches!!

Quote:
Oh, I know, I planned the hatch around my days off so I could stay awake 24/7, LOL, I work from home, but still gotta sleep so I can be in my office during open hours... But my hatch is due Sunday and I work a half day Saturday, and have Sunday Monday off, lets hope they are all on time!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I never thought it would be like this, I believe I way beyond addictive!
big_smile.png

kelseygirl - good luck with your hatch! Let us know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom