This is NOT MY FAULT!!

mikki717

My Drug of Choice- Chickens
11 Years
Dec 7, 2009
Hesperia, CA
Please let me say first and foremost that when I went to the feed store, I had no intention of getting any chicks! DH did it!

While I LOVE looking at the babies, I have enough smarts to know that since I just started the Fall Semester, I do not have time to care for 8 newborns... ok, 4 three day old Brown Leghorns, and 4 -11 day old Barred Rocks.

45485_038.jpg

But jeepers Batman! DH said we do not have enough white egg layers... and it is so warm outside that they would not need to be housed indoors... and all we needed was a bag of starter...

Anyone that says I did not try to talk him out of it will get a SUPREME dirty look from me, and I will call you a fibber!!
wink.png

duc.gif
:duc And oh my goodness... who said that Berred Rocks don't lay white eggs?
idunno.gif
I guess we'll have to get a few more white egg layers...

Look it is nap time!
45485_060.jpg

They worked so hard learning how to drink from a nipple waterer! These are the all time smartest chickens ever!

45485_081.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder that poor kid who helped us at Bradshaw feed was looking so confused! I can blame it on him!

Quote:
I will admit that I totally love chicks, chooks, roos, chickies, fuzzy butts... all of em!

But I will NOT admit to an addiction! I am in control darn it! I can stop and get rid of them at any time!

And that television cabinet I bought "used" is NOT for conversion into an incubator! I don't want to hatch my own eggs....

Last edited:
I love it, they are very cute and I say I wouldnt have had to be talked into that....;o) but my husband...He would probably have a heart attack and flop around like a dying fish if I came home with those

OK... one more question... Since they don't lay eggs yet, can they be counted in the new Chicken Math?

I didn't think so!

Back
Top Bottom