This is one for the Ex-Battery hens! Enter them in!

luvinmychickens

Songster
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Ohio
This is a contest for the ex battery hens! I have been very obsessed with battery hens lately. I have done a lot of research on them. This is a contest for just recently rescued battery hens and even for the recovered ones! This contest will end when there is at least 5 hens for each category.

RULES
1. Only ex battery hens!
2. All BYC rules apply.
3. Must be an ex battery hen.
4. Must be your hen.
5. Must be your pic/s.

With the picture, please include a little about her. If she has a name, be sure to include that too.

RECOVERED
1st place - Picture will look like a painting, have her name on it, and also say 'Ex Battery Hen'.
2nd place - Her name on the picture and will also say 'Ex Battery Hen'.
3rd place - Same as 2nd.

RECENTLY RESCUED
1st place - Will have name on it and say 'Ex Battery Hen - Recently Rescued'.
2nd place - Same as 1st.
3rd place - Same as 1st and 2nd.

I hope that there are a lot of you out there with Ex Battery Hens. If so, you did them a BIG favor. Enter them in soon!

Please visit my blog, www.clevelandurbanfarm.blogspot.com . I have a little about battery hens on there, that you may wanna check out.
smile.png

See my siggy? I have a story about a battery hen, that you should also read.

Now lets see those girlies!

Last edited:
It's ok.

I guess no one has rescued a battery hen. That's sad. . . If I could, I would. I'm only a minor, so I don't have a big chance.

Quote:
You know the hens that they have in metal wire cages my the thousands in commercial egg laying businesses? Those poor hens. People rescue them from dying when they are retired.

Quote:
If you wanna know more, please read my story! It's called I am no more than a Battery Hen. It is in the G, J, & F section.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom