1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is really cool! baby eagles!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by phaethona, Apr 4, 2011.

1. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/index.html

I'm
    probably not the first to post about this site, but I just can't stop watching it! [​IMG]

These eagles are in Decorah, IA. It's a momma, daddy, two babies and one egg awaiting hatch. Their nest is 80 ft up and weighs around 1.5 tons.
    momma's sitting on the babies a lot today, it's cold and windy here in the midwest today. but last night my kids and I were watching and the dad returned to the nest several times with a dead trout, crow, and rabbit, he's quite the hunter! the babies are sooooo cute! [​IMG] they can barely hold their wobbly little heads up to eat. and the third egg should hatch any time now, maybe even today. Anyhow, just thought I would share...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
  3. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    right after I posted that, the dad flew back to the nest with a groundhog and the momma got up and fed the babies, soooo cute! And the third egg is still there, I couldn't tell because it's windy, but it looked like the egg was moving, maybe we'll get to see a 3rd baby today!

thats it, i'm hooked...

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I got hooked last year on a video feed of a mated owl pair raising young (Molly out in CA). I saw the eagle feed this morning on our local news station. They were pretty hooked too...lol. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thats neat!

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wow! That wind is really howling! No wonder Momma looks ticked off!

7. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

enjoying both the decorah cam and the norfolk cam. I am a multi eagle cam addict! lol. The banding of eaglets will be next thursday april 21 at 9am at the Norfolk nest. Should be cool! Mark your calendars :)

eta when the wind is blowing too much for me to watch the norfolk cam i can always watch decorah. AND they have nite vision at decorah

I also started a post..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462593&p=1

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by