This is supposed to be an Easter Egger

ErikaSmit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
Schererville, IN
I haven't seen one so light colored, is this actually an EE?
CIMG4208.jpg

Aww...cute. I raised a little EE that looked just like that when she was a chick. She is 25 weeks now and is a gorgeous pure white. It was really cool watching her change colors.

Quote:
For some reason I couldn't see your image, but here is one of our EE who is 22 weeks today. Her name is Stella, and I think she is one of our most beautiful girls.
dscn1084837.jpg

Last edited:
One of ours looked just like that.....very yellow......she is now a beautiful buff with white tips to her wings at ten weeks old. Can't wait to see what she molts out to finally be.

If you define an EE as a chicken that could have the blue egg gene and could lay blue or green eggs, they can be any color, shape, or size. Their legs can be any color. They tend to have pea combs, but that is not a requirement.

Certain hatcheries have tendencies with their EE's. If you mention where you got it, people that got EE's from there can tell you what the tendencies of that hatchery's EE's are. But I don't see anything there that says that is or is not an EE.

Sometimes patterns show up in the plumage even from chicks with yellow down. I've been surprised by how some of my yellow chicks have feathered out. To me, that is part of the fun of mixes. And EE's are mixes.

Back
Top Bottom