This is too cute not to share

jbeal9

Chirping
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
My 7 year old's Face Book status this morning:
how to butr chikins: u cut there spines so they cant feel anything an then they die and then u put them in hot water so that there feathers come off easyer anthen u pull the feathers and then u pull the guts out of them and then u spray them with a hose and then u eat them.

Well, it doesn't get any easier than that!

big_smile.png
Child services will be knocking on your door unless the page is private. Second will be animal rights or maybe they'll be first.
At any rate, it is cute. My 15 y.o. did a "how to" speech on butchering a chicken and was told he was mean by another student. They need to know where the food actually comes from.
Karen

Yeah, the girls got the same response from thier friends. I told them to ask them where they think chicken nuggets come from. (idk..maybe we don't want to know where chicken nuggets come from!
tongue.png
) Anyway, we went through the drama of "Girls, it's time to 'process' the meat chickens."... crying...begging.. to "eew... that's gross!" and then acceptance and "can I help?"

I told them they are on their way toward earning the 'pioneer woman award'! What's next... let's see... log cabin building? Bear skinning?
wink.png

My 15 year old daughter raised meaties for an AG business project, Presented her project with photos in a powerpoint with a warning graphic photos. I need not worry about her dating any time soon as the boys all saw photos of her handling a boning knife. Doubt anyone will pick on her either. Best thing I could hope for to have happened at school.

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
thumbsup.gif

I love it! Plus, knowing she didn't flinch at butchering....

Guys who want to hang around her anyway, who admire her skills and independence, just might prove to be the kind you'd like her to have around!

When I was younger, I worked in a restaurant kitchen and did a lot of chopping and slicing, etc., with some pretty big knives. Guys who saw me do that, definitely thought twice about giving me any grief. Funny how a little skill with sharp objects can affect a gal's social life.

Of course, anybody who cooks much knows how to handle a knife, odd how people don't realize that.

Back
Top Bottom