This is what happens... We have peepers!

Pics
1 Week to go! I removed a quitter (Andalusian) this week and am down to 11 of them. The duckies are getting so big, I can't see properly when I candle what is going on in their shells any more, so I'm leaving them in peace now. Can't wait for next weekend!

Day 25 for the ducks, both batches are due this Saturday. Very early this morning I stopped at the table where the incubator is and heard a clear, but soft knocking sound coming from that direction. About an hour ago I was sitting at the table having tea with a friend and again heard it very clearly, coming from the incubator? On day 25? I did a quick Google search now and according to Wikipedia KC ducks take 23+ days to incubate.

I'm not going to do anything but leave them locked down and keep an eye and ear on them. If they decide to start hatching a bit sooner, great :) When I last candled them a few days ago they were filling the eggs up nicely and looking great. So they can come out when they are ready.

The hen eggs worry me though. Saddle shaped air cells in about 7 of them :thAll we can do is wait. And hope.

I'll keep you all posted.

I caved and candled them quickly tonight. The hen eggs are all looking good, despite the air cell issues on some. The duckies are doing good. In 3 of the eggs I could see a little shadowy movement, pushing into the air cell. They're getting ready to hatch and we can't wait to meet them :)

Back
Top Bottom