This is what happens when your not a member of BYC

i emailed the ad and told them to check out byc. and that chicken wire will stop nothing.. that he needed hardware cloth.. told him there were great people here who talked about coops to illness to feed.. hope he looks us up

Ugh. You might add a warning that if people click on that link they will get a graphic image. Not all of us want to click through to stuff like that.

Quote:
Yeah, that name "chicken wire" is misleading.

I'm brand new to backyard chickens and I'm really glad I found this website. It's been an incredible resource to me. I did check out other websites though and bought a book too for additional information.

I've been wanting pet chickens since I was a kid but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing first.

I have ended up either keeping for myself or rehoming several coops because people used inaqdequate protection and lost birds. A lot of people won't beef up their secureity and try again, they just want everything gone.

There's plenty of people here at BYC that still insist on using chicken wire stating "we don't have preditors and haven't had any problems in X amount of time".

This is a GREAT reminder to those that think it won't happen to them.

Quote:
rite under the link she put "warning link contains graphic pictures"

Try reading for awhile, it helps a lot with this site...LOL
gig.gif

Quote:
Yeah, that name "chicken wire" is misleading.

I'm brand new to backyard chickens and I'm really glad I found this website. It's been an incredible resource to me. I did check out other websites though and bought a book too for additional information.

I've been wanting pet chickens since I was a kid but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing first.

WHAT?
barnie.gif
You went to OTHER websites?
caf.gif
Other than BYC?
th.gif
gig.gif
wink.png

I only use chicken wire to cover bits of lawn I don't want the chickens to destroy, so I guess it should be called "anti-chicken" wire
lol.png
I secure if with little steel loops which I knock into the ground. The chicks can still eat the grass, but they can't dig it all up, and once the grass grows, you don't even see the wire there, and you can still run the lawn mower over it - very handy.

Quote:
rite under the link she put "warning link contains graphic pictures"

Try reading for awhile, it helps a lot with this site...LOL
gig.gif

Edited. I just realized this post was in response to a minor.

Softer response:
As a child, you may not realize exactly what you just typed. First, the original post did NOT have a warning. That warning was added three hours later by a moderator AFTER I made my post and AFTER I requested a warning.

You might find it useful in life to make sure that you are reading posts accurately before accusing others of not doing so.

It might help you to understand that the way you posted on this thread does not reflect well upon you. It is an example of immature, childish behavior. That might be fine on the playground, but you need to act in a more mature manner if you want to have respect when associating with adults.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom