1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

This is what I see when I open my front door:

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Granolamom, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    All seven fluffy-butts hang around the front porch, waiting for me to come out with treats. Oh, how I love them...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (the little BR on the bottom is Sophie, my absolute favourite, because she's the smallest one, but the biggest escape artist, awesome flier, and gutsiest of all of them).

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That is so adorable!

You have a really colorful flock. Is your rooster friendly?

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hey, that's a million dollar view! what beauties!

4. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Quote:Thank you, thank you, I truly adore my little colorful flock of fluff balls. Chuck, our rooster, has been a really mellow guy, up until somewhat recently. He's 8 months old now, and just began to "flex his muscles", when my kids are around. He's actually jumped on my little girl, who's 3, but since then we always have her go outside with a broom, and if he looks at her sideways, she threatens him with it (so far, she has not had to actually whack him with it:). He's very gentle and sweet with the hens, though, and we love him.

5. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I love friendly chickens. Mine hear the door open and come running to follow me around the yard. I feel like the chicken pied piper!

Yours are beautiful, lucky you! I love your little BR too... I'm especially partial to BR's.

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

They are beautiful! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by