This is what I see when I open my front door:

Granolamom

Songster
11 Years
Sep 9, 2008
Dallas
All seven fluffy-butts hang around the front porch, waiting for me to come out with treats. Oh, how I love them...
15560_seven_feathers_jan_09_018.jpg
15560_seven_feathers_jan_09_027.jpg
15560_seven_feathers_jan_09_028.jpg

(the little BR on the bottom is Sophie, my absolute favourite, because she's the smallest one, but the biggest escape artist, awesome flier, and gutsiest of all of them).

Quote:
Thank you, thank you, I truly adore my little colorful flock of fluff balls. Chuck, our rooster, has been a really mellow guy, up until somewhat recently. He's 8 months old now, and just began to "flex his muscles", when my kids are around. He's actually jumped on my little girl, who's 3, but since then we always have her go outside with a broom, and if he looks at her sideways, she threatens him with it (so far, she has not had to actually whack him with it:). He's very gentle and sweet with the hens, though, and we love him.

I love friendly chickens. Mine hear the door open and come running to follow me around the yard. I feel like the chicken pied piper!

Yours are beautiful, lucky you! I love your little BR too... I'm especially partial to BR's.

Back
Top Bottom