This isn't a BO roo is it?

acissej

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Duvall, WA
I was told that I was getting 4 BOs and 2 Light Brahmas, all pullets. Well look how this one turned out:

1150600816_n5CC9-M.jpg

1150601068_LHDkK-L.jpg

He's huge, kind of aggressive, and WAY darker orange/reddish than the hens.

He was the same color as the hens when he was a chick but has really darkened a lot. He's beautiful but not looking very BOish to me.

Last edited:
Generally the roosters are darker and more stunning than the hens.He does look BO to me. Probly just not very good color quality. My roo looks pretty much like him,just with more color to him.The hens can seem almost white in comparison...lol...

He is a he. Comb, wattles, saddle and hackle feathers, legs, size, the whole package. He does have a bit more red than he should for a BO, but definitely a he.

Quote:
Oh yeah and the constant crowing is also a good sign
big_smile.png

I was really just curious if he was even a BO since he's so dark. It seems that the BO roos we see at the fair and such are lighter. Thanks for the replies
smile.png

Last edited:
Sorry I misunderstood your question although looking back at your original post you were pretty clear. It has not been a good day for me from when I got up. Tonight I am not skipping my usually nightcap!!!

I agree he is not pure. That red on the wing should not be there for sure.

Back
Top Bottom