Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneggsandham

Songster
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Putnam,CT
somad.gif
How can the supreme court even attempt to say that this is ok? If you want to protest go somewhere else and do it. Not at or even near the funeral of a soldier. If if wasn't for the great men and women of this country overseas doing what they have to do. I can just imagine what would happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclu...s-first-amendment-principles#mwpphu-container

No we don't like what the have to say.
But they have a right to say it.
Where do we draw the line on free speech?

In Harrison Ar. the motor cycle club put a ring around the funeral of one of ours and kept the church way-way back. read of another where the local people turned out and made a human sheild and kept them out. hundreds of local people standing shoulder to shoulder along both sides of the high way and at the cemetary.
I know that they have their beliefs about war and the things the church is against but seems to me they would let the family grieve in private. the motor cycle club was veternes and other hairy heavey men and they didn't want to mess with them.

Last edited:
In our area, we have a group called the Patriot Guard Riders. They are a motorcycle club that makes sure soldiers are carried to their resting place without the family having to see those protesting idiots, if they should show up. To my knowledge, they never have showed up around here.

The PGRs also go to the airport to welcome soldiers home. They are a great asset to our community!

I hate the fact that they are from Kansas. I do believe in freedom of speech and freedom of religion but they should not infringe on the rights of a family to grieve for the loss of a loved one.

I believe they're doing it for the press. If they weren't given any press time, would that help?

I find it hard to believe they call themselves Christian's.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

I believe they're doing it for the press. If they weren't given any press time, would that help?

I find it hard to believe they call themselves Christian's.

This....all of it...​

rant.gif
Me too. This is a far stretch of "freedom of speech." This is freedom of "hate", but since our politicians do the same thing?------

I detest these people and all of the hate they stand for.
As much as I would like to go upside their heads, they are protected by the Constitution-even the speech of ignorant lunatics is protected.
If I were closer, I'd love to stage a protest outside what they call a "church" and exercise my free speech.
Idiots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom