This just plain out PEEVES ME OFF!!!RANTTTTT

Quote:
So just because someone is a young parent and thinks a baby duck or chick is cute you wont sell? Thats kind of ignorant isnt it? Im a young parent (27) of 4 and I like to think that im pretty good at raising chicks and ducks. I can see maybe asking them a few questions before you decide to sell. Such as the kind of living environment they have and what they plan on doing with the animals. But just because someone is young and maybe inexperienced dosent mean that they wont take care of them. Were you an expert before you got your first chick? I know that I didnt have a clue about it when I got my first batch, but it wasnt hard to learn with all the info out there. Im just now learning how to hatch my own eggs. Does this mean that I shouldnt even try until I suddenly become an expert?

Ok im done. Sorry about the rant. I just get tired of the whole "young people" argument. If it wasnt for young people's ambition, there wouldnt be any wise old farts.
wink.png
tongue.png
lol.png

Quote:
So just because someone is a young parent and thinks a baby duck or chick is cute you wont sell? Thats kind of ignorant isnt it? Im a young parent (27) of 4 and I like to think that im pretty good at raising chicks and ducks. I can see maybe asking them a few questions before you decide to sell. Such as the kind of living environment they have and what they plan on doing with the animals. But just because someone is young and maybe inexperienced dosent mean that they wont take care of them. Were you an expert before you got your first chick? I know that I didnt have a clue about it when I got my first batch, but it wasnt hard to learn with all the info out there. Im just now learning how to hatch my own eggs. Does this mean that I shouldnt even try until I suddenly become an expert?

Ok im done. Sorry about the rant. I just get tired of the whole "young people" argument. If it wasnt for young people's ambition, there wouldnt be any wise old farts.
wink.png
tongue.png
lol.png

thumbsup.gif

I agree, you get an animal,it's for the life of the animal....not to have something cute for a few days. They all grow up! we had a mess of feral cats and every year I would find day old kittens hidden in the tall grass (that we no longer have, thanks to chickens and ducks!) Every time I found them, I would bring them to the local emergency animal hospital and EVERY time one of the workers would grab one and slip it into their pocket, saying "I am keeping this one" .They would nurture the others and adopt them out. Fixed, of course. We FINALLY managed to catch the last girl, and her elusive kitten...they have been fixed, not sure if mom got adopted out but I think baby would have been.

No more ferals!

We have 4 cats already, and cannot manage another one. We had 5 at the time, otherwise I would have kept them. My daughters certainly wanted too!

People have no compassion or common sense. God made all of US to compensate for those who lack good judgement. It is up to us animal lovers to get the word out, and to rescue those that we find. Interesting that some bring them to the zoo for food....Never would have thought of that. Could not do it, either!

DONT EAT THE CHICKENS! (Chicken Run movie)

on a positive note, hope this makes you smile!

my babies, hatched 4/20 and 4/21-Kiwi is black, Nemo is yellow(bum wing!)

73233_img_1462.jpg

My Cochin hatched them, and now the dummy on top of her is sitting on the next batch.

73233_dsc00246.jpg

last one that made it, lightning-

73233_img_1473.jpg

Oh, and yes, I have more boxes, Midnight is just stupid. LOL

Last edited:
Josh, I assume that you would be capable of explaining to a seller how you would take care of a duckling. If you show knowledge, or even willingness to learn, then you are different from the majority of people who have no idea how to care for a duck and are only interested in a briefly entertaining toy for their children and haven't given a thought to where they would keep a duck or how they would feed it.

Some people don't think past imagining the admiration they will get as they walk around showing off the cute fuzzy duckling.

I applaud anyone who is selective about where they place birds and inquire enough to make sure the bird will be taken care of.

All you can do as you (the seller) is to ask questions. If I don't feel their right I simply say no.

I can't believe their weren't more dead... Especially down at a wildlife area with predators every inch. Forgot to mention what they were 3 pekins and 2 mallards 1 was dead. The lady that got them seen the 3rd pekin STUCK in the water. Poor thing had it's foot stuck on something. With all this rain she/he could of drowned if the predators didn't get her/him.

Back
Top Bottom