This kitten just showed up at my house and now I don't know what to do

I know many people say they are lactose intolerant, but that only happens when the animal stopped consuming any type of milk product.
Just as humans lactose intolerance is a matter of the body economizing resources. If a person stops eating milk products all together for long periods of time the body will see no need to produce lactase and when that person consumes milk products the body finds it hard to digest it; if you were able to drink your mother's milk from birth then you are not lactose intolerant (there are few cases of babies who indeed cannot even digest their mother's milk and those kids ARE definitely lactose intoletant) .
As with humans this can be solved (had several friends and family members who've solved this problem). The person has to eat easily digestible milk products (like goats milk) or yogurt for about a month, then you can escalate to soft cheeses, then a month later start eating hard cheeses, and finally whole milk.
The other BIG problem is that most milk products people consume now a days are processed; how do you know if the milk you drink is in fact milk? Eat hot Chili peppers (capsaicin is only nullified with casein) processed milk doesn't help get rid of the sensation of chili's.

But by the way I'd fist check if your cat has parasites, most likely he does.
The vet did give me a dewormer.

Try giving him some yogurt (that's not too acid) or if you can get goats milk try that too.
If he keeps vomiting and not eating I'd possibly give him some electrolytes.
I cant get goats milk. The yoghurt I have at home usually is acidic but I can go get a nestlé one in the morning. He threw up 3 times in the past 2 hours.

Did he vomit the dewormer then? I'd try giving him some electrolytes with a syringe.
No I haven't given it to him yet. He said to give him in the morning. Too late to get electrolytes, if I am lucky I'll have a packet somewhere around the house. Can I give him normal water from a syringe? I didn't see him drink.

No I haven't given it to him yet. He said to give him in the morning. Too late to get electrolytes, if I am lucky I'll have a packet somewhere around the house. Can I give him normal water from a syringe? I didn't see him drink.
You can give him a little water in a syringe with a tiny amount of sugar, honey or white corn syrup dissolved in it to keep his blood sugar up. If he keeps it down you can give him another syringe of plain water in about an hour. Be careful not to let him inhale it though.

Update: he made it through the night, I wasn't really expecting him too but he survived. Took him to vet again, a different one this time and he checked his temp again it was 98 and gave him injectables and told me not to force feed him anything. He started drinking today but didn't eat anything. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow then he is going to get a drip. He advised me to use a baby formula it's called cerelac by nestlé left it out for him hopefully he will eat. He only vomited once today. I saw him on the wall today, he leaves when he has to poop, and I was really surprised that he could climb it.

Update: he made it through the night, I wasn't really expecting him too but he survived. Took him to vet again, a different one this time and he checked his temp again it was 98 and gave him injectables and told me not to force feed him anything. He started drinking today but didn't eat anything. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow then he is going to get a drip. He advised me to use a baby formula it's called cerelac by nestlé left it out for him hopefully he will eat. He only vomited once today. I saw him on the wall today, he leaves when he has to poop, and I was really surprised that he could climb it.
Glad he’s doing better. Hope the little guy makes it.

Back
Top Bottom