This kitten just showed up at my house and now I don't know what to do

Update: he made it through the night, I wasn't really expecting him too but he survived. Took him to vet again, a different one this time and he checked his temp again it was 98 and gave him injectables and told me not to force feed him anything. He started drinking today but didn't eat anything. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow then he is going to get a drip. He advised me to use a baby formula it's called cerelac by nestlé left it out for him hopefully he will eat. He only vomited once today. I saw him on the wall today, he leaves when he has to poop, and I was really surprised that he could climb it.
Cats are very resilient. Hope he gets better soon.

His condition got worse. He is drinking water but nothing else. Going to vet again. He is going to get a drip.

Came back and according to the vet he has panleukopenia virus. He is much better as compared to his condition in the morning. He vomited the water he drank by himself so drips will continue for about 2 days.
Hope he pulls through; was reading up and Interferons are chemicals made in the body that can exert an antiviral effect. Recombinant feline interferon omega (or human interferon products) might be of some help in the treatment of severe cases. If your vet isn't already giving him some antiviral, maybe he could try to help with interferon.
Good luck.

The vet told me to attach a drip at night (they don't have boarding) and it turned out to be a mess since he had gained strength and fought back alot. Did everything to calm him down but didn't work. He got into my lap (I couldn't see the cannula) and the drip came out and all the water/substance wasted because I didn't know until I felt wet. Luckily only a little blood came out. I will have to make another trip to the vet tomorrow. On the brighter side I was happy that he was walking around and purring and cuddling.

The vet told me to attach a drip at night (they don't have boarding) and it turned out to be a mess since he had gained strength and fought back alot. Did everything to calm him down but didn't work. He got into my lap (I couldn't see the cannula) and the drip came out and all the water/substance wasted because I didn't know until I felt wet. Luckily only a little blood came out. I will have to make another trip to the vet tomorrow. On the brighter side I was happy that he was walking around and purring and cuddling.
The fact that he was feeling well enough to fight you is a good sign. Wishing the little guy the best luck.

Update: he was doing well this morning and evening he even ate and drank and walked around and ran after me but at the vets, his condition suddenly deterioated and now he is unable to do anything. He is just lying down right now. This night will be critical for him and he might not make it. He seems like he is in alot of pain. Should I euthanize him (have the vet do it)? It's a really really hard decision but I don't wanna see him in pain like this. I've never felt this attached to a pet before.

Back
Top Bottom