This little girl is mean as SNOT!

That just a chicken's way of getting your attention. Kinda like a child nagging you or doing something just to get your attention. If she were truly vicious, she'd tried to peck your eyes out while holding her. Mine mix all do it too. If I'm giving one attention on the ground, the others will start pecking at the one getting my attention, they really outdo my twins with sibling rivalry!
gig.gif

Last edited:
quote from Purplechicken...You see me mother
used to lock me in the coop with her silkies. My father would handcuff me first and spray
me with wet scratch that would stick all over me. Then they would throw me in the
coop. The silkies would pounce on me bad. I swear I could hear the silkies laughing.
It was very tramatic.

WOW! You and Steven King should hookup!
ep.gif

Last edited:
Again I just couldn't resist. This was such a cute thread and as usual Purplechicken made it very entertaining to read!

Jacie

(just click on thumbnail)

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment 5az. Nice pic. I like it. What software do you use?

Silkhope I hope you got your answers. I didn't mean to hijack your post, only
bust a little silkie butt.
wink.png

Quote:
If you figure it out, let me know. I have a polish girl like that, first one that I have ever had that acted like a rooster. But I thought it was because she had 5 brothers for room mates until she joined the rest of the girls. Attilila the hen! She's fine when I pick her up...but she will start starring me down and even raise what neck feathers she has like a roo. She even holds her body more upright like a male.

OMG Jacie, that's awesome! My new avatar! LOL!

No worries PC, I was LMAO - the visual of being thrown in the coop!

Thanks everyone!

My favorite girl was all sweetness until right before she started laying too. Then overnight, she turned mean. That lasted a few weeks and then she started laying and got sweet again. Now she's molting and she's very moody. I never know what I'll get when I go in the pen. One day she wants in my lap and the next she bites so hard she draws blood. None of my other girls vary so much in their behavior like that. She's still my favorite though.

Back
Top Bottom