This Makes Me Cringe...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So today one of my friends, a mother of two kids, posted this on her Facebook status:

"...FYI~We're boycotting Burger King,they give out no more toys w/the kids meals they give apples or oranges also NO dollar fries! We placed our order and drove to McDonalds instead where there are toys and fries in The Happy meals instead of sad meals @BK. I guess they're not letting us get it our way anymore! LOL! Boooooo!!!..."

I seriously had to read it twice to be sure I was understanding correctly. She's upset that they're giving apples and oranges and not french fries? I can see maybe being bummed about the no toy thing, but I don't know, it just made me kind of sad that she's "boycotting" Burger King for providing healthy alternatives. Anyone else find this a little sad?

2. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I know what you mean. I have chosen not to associate with anyone that uses facebook to broadcast the minutae of their lives.

3. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Well it wasn't so much that her post was trivial, I was just amazed that a parent would be OFFENDED that a restaurant served their kids something healthy. It just seems so backwards to me.....

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    That mom is crazy. Buy the kid a toy and forget the happy meal, kids dont' eat those anyway. They just spread it around and ask to get up from the table. Just kidding! Well, it's true though, kids don't really EAT happy meals. That would make me cringe too.

5. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have one kid who would choose the fruit every time, and one kid who wouldn't touch fruit with a ten foot pole. I'd like to have the choice, and they way your friend said it, it sounds like there's no choice involved. For me, that would be a problem. The toy I don't really care about.

6. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I guess I'm a mean mom cause for my kid there would still be a choice: You can have the free thing or have nothing. Which will it be? LOL

7. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:My guess is that she could have replaced it with fries if she asked. Or she could always order a small fry and eat the fruit. I see nothing wrong with the "default" snack being something healthy, they already got a burger and a soda.

8. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    I took my kids to BK just a few days ago and they got fries and a Transformers toy, so maybe this is a very, very new policy. Or its an individual franchise owner thing? I dunno. [​IMG]

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Probably ran all out of toys lol... I personally like Wendy's the best out of Mcdonald's, BK, and Wendy's... Their spicy nuggets are good with sweet and sour sauce [​IMG]

10. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I don't know either. I haven't eaten fast food in years. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by