This may be a really dumb question but...

thecreekhouse

Songster
Feb 26, 2015
East Tennessee
Forgive me, but I know next to nothing about exhibiting chickens but am trying to learn.

My question is this: when you show a particular breed of chicken who happens to fall outside one of the recognized colors for that breed, is there a section for these non-standard colors to be shown in a sort of “project bird” category?

For example, I have a splash Ameracauna pullet and I know that this is not currently a recognized Ameracauna color, however is there a non-standard color category within the Ameracauna exhibition group for birds of non-standard colors?

Thank you.

Forgive me, but I know next to nothing about exhibiting chickens but am trying to learn.

My question is this: when you show a particular breed of chicken who happens to fall outside one of the recognized colors for that breed, is there a section for these non-standard colors to be shown in a sort of “project bird” category?

For example, I have a splash Ameracauna pullet and I know that this is not currently a recognized Ameracauna color, however is there a non-standard color category within the Ameracauna exhibition group for birds of non-standard colors?

Thank you.
I believe that is what the "AOV" class is at poultry shows... "all other varieties".

Back
Top Bottom