This site is such a wonderful distraction

drinkoj

Chicken Chaser
May 24, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
It's amazing how coming to this forum has become almost therapeutic to me. Life has been throwing curve and knuckle balls at me this year, probably at you folks too, and it's been really nice to come here and get lost in reading about raising chickens. Everyone seems to be focused on being helpful and polite, no political or cultural biases, and just getting back to our roots as people loving the land.

I just think people need to sometimes be told that the experiences, ideas, and different opinions that they are sharing are being read and heard; which again seems to be missing in the world. So thanks to everyone who post daily, every once in a while, and those newbies like me who ask LOTS of questions. I will try to be a good steward to my flock and pay it forward to others who need help when I can.

God Bless

Ditto on what @sourland said!

Who is the pretty guy with the star glasses in your avatar?
That's my boy Obie! an Australian Shepherd merle. The picture was taken around 10 weeks of age when the wife and I went out in the Corvette for a picnic with him sitting in my wife's lap and he wasn't liking the wind in his eyes, so she bought some glasses and he was fine after that. He posed perfect for the photo while we all were eating under a tree and I've made it my avatar ever since on forums.

Yes BYC sure is different than other social medias. Much nicer too! Extremely addicting. :p
Yes it is. I've read a lot of old threads and it seems that a "purge" of trolls/haters happened. As I've only seen maybe one or two threads/comments that people seemed mad at the world and needed somewhere to vent or take it out on others from behind a keyboard. Very nice change of pace for sure.

Back
Top Bottom