This site needs pictures of the different colors

Oaten is the "old" term for Cameo Black Shoulder. Back when I bought my antique(19 yo) CBS hen she was still called an Oaten.
old.gif

So should I say Cameo Black Shoulder or continue the 'Oaten" name?

So should I say Cameo Black Shoulder or continue the 'Oaten" name?

I have had to train myself to use Cameo Black Shoulder instead of Oaten, but if I am talking with someone who has been into Peafowl for more than 20 years I will still use Oaten and they usually do too. It's that "Old Dogs" & "New Tricks" thing! The correct terminology is Cameo Black Shoulder and that is what I would suggest you use, some people who are new to Peas will have no idea what "Oaten" is.

I had only hear the term a couple of times and did not know what it was until either you or Zaz said that my chick was an Oaten. Seemed to be kind of rare and exotic to me.
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

See, it took me three tries to get the smilies to come up and then it posted three... Is it my computer or the site?

I had only hear the term a couple of times and did not know what it was until either you or Zaz said that my chick was an Oaten. Seemed to be kind of rare and exotic to me.
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

See, it took me three tries to get the smilies to come up and then it posted three... Is it my computer or the site?
ep.gif
barnie.gif
lau.gif
th.gif
They seem to be working just fine for me.
thumbsup.gif
hide.gif

pop.gif
KSkingsbee
Have you tried logging out and back in again or deleting your cookies?
I was having problems a while back and this fixed me up.

The last time i had major problems that i could not resolve i had to change browsers, come to find out my browser updates were being cut off in the middle of the downloads when i was having issues with my modem, never could get explorer to work right as i am missing drivers from the cut off downloads and don't know haw to fix that, now i use google crome.

Hey you guys! I still want pictures of your peas and peachicks for our database!!!!

Please keep in mind that I absolutely can't tell if your pea is Spaulding Peach, a Cameo Black Shoulder Silver Pied White Eyed, or a Muticus Muticus!!! I'm just the "mechanic" here, all of the info has to come from you. Just think of me as "new 2 pfowl" and we'll be OK!
big_smile.png

pop.gif
KSkingsbee
Have you tried logging out and back in again or deleting your cookies?
I was having problems a while back and this fixed me up.

The last time i had major problems that i could not resolve i had to change browsers, come to find out my browser updates were being cut off in the middle of the downloads when i was having issues with my modem, never could get explorer to work right as i am missing drivers from the cut off downloads and don't know haw to fix that, now i use google crome.

Good ideas, Thanks! I am already using Google Chromel and I have rebooted a number of times but I haven't tried logging out of BYC totally so I'll try that too. Ug, forgot my password. Oh well.
Quote:
Yeah, that's me too! Now where is that box of cookies?

Follow the arrows, look at the top right hand corner, mine has bars some may have a wrench simbol click on that

Look for tools and click

click on browsing data

select which boxes you would like to apply then click on clear browsing history on the lower right had corner. it may take a while to process if you have never done it on your puter
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom