This story in pictures really touched me...

hit.gif
that is the sweetest saddest thing I think I have seen in a long time . . .poor little guy.

It gives me a new respect for the barn swallows that are inhabiting my barn now...I've been so annoyed with them, building their nests in the rafters. They've always done so under the lean-to before this year, and I've been leaving the barn doors open 24/7 (something I don't like to do) so they can fly in & out. I'm not going to complain any longer.
sad.png

Yes, they do know when a friend, mate is missing/gone. One of my cats is missing, presumed dead. Her daughter does nothing but cry. They are/were 13 years old, never seperated. I suspect a coyote or fisher killed Zena.

Awe! That is such a sweet, but sad story. We have, what I guess is a mated pair, of Swallows that built a nest right on the side of our house above the front door. I was going to remove it after the babies grew up, but I think I'll leave it if the same pair will continue to use it. I didn't know they paired up like that. I'm going to do more research on it. I have a new-found respect for my front door dwellers.
love.gif

I never ever move the nests of the migratory Swifts that come here every year to mate and raise their young, I find them a delight to watch as they fly through the sky, usually trying to dive bomb me if they think I am getting to close to their nests..Love them........

Thanks for sharing Wyn .
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom