This summer's project: A "tiny house" chicken coop

Paul Montgomery

Hatching
Aug 8, 2018
I just built a small chicken coop and moved 2 hens into it. It's a good place to start...
This website looks like the place to be for info and questions, of which I'm sure I'll have many.

I do a lot of woodworking in my spare time and there is plenty of wood work needed around a garden/yard. More than one might think. I used to take a lot of pictures of my projects but I've moved on to videos now. It's a lot more work but I think it's worth it. I've also cataloged my work on various websites I've made, and this project can be found on http://OldMontgomerysFarm.com. Right now I just have the video up but there are a lot of details to the project which I'll be adding soon.

Anyway, here is the video for now:

Beautiful JOB... :thumbsup
Only thing I see as possibly deficient is the CHICKEN WIRE. A predator like a raccoon can chew right thru it. Hardware cloth is much safer. Most peeps use 1/2 inch.
A reinforcement of your chicken wire with some 2 X 4 welded wire is an option. Would keep raccoons out. They would still be able to reach in and grab a sleeping chicken though. (assuming your chicken decided to sleep in run area below rather then inside coop safely) Raccoons are nocturnal predators.
WISHING YOU BEST........................... :welcome

Back
Top Bottom