This SUX!!

quiltnchik

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
Virginia
Well, I knew I had 4, possibly 5, roos out of the 6 chicks I bought in early May at TSC. However, my son went out to feed the dog tonight and was "crowing" at the chicks and telling his favorite roo (a RSL) that that's what he (the roo) was supposed to be doing. I was headed around the corner of the house and heard a quiet crow and knew that one of the chicks (now almost 7 weeks old) had made the noise. I came around the corner and watched them for a minute in their run, when all of a sudden, my one "pullet" crowed! UGH! I have 6/6 roosters!! This SUCKS!! The only 2 pullets I now have are my NHR chicks (about 1/2-week younger than the others)
hit.gif

Quote:
They weren't sexed, but the employees said they were all "supposed" to be pullets. Of course, they were also supposed to be White Leghorns and, instead, they're all Red Sex Links! ARGH!!

My TSC had theirs labeled in bins, and every chick I got has turned out to be a pullet! They golden comets, black sex links, white rocks, and columbian rocks. They must have ordered all pullets!

they should have know which were which...i'm sorry...it's not too late to go get more...they'll still be big enough by winter if you get them now!

I hatched a lot of eggs this year...my 1st year hatching...my roo to pullet ratio is like 80:20
sad.png
plus 2 times I bought straight run chicks and I got 1 hen, maybe 2 out of 7...i'm a roo magnet I guess!
What happened to 50:50!?!?

I would go back there and complain to get replacement chicks at minimum...if they sold you the white one's out of the sexlink bin they are all roos and that would have been known! Think of all of your time, money and upset! if you don't call and complain, give me their #....

p.s. Andora- I've noticed most feed stores order sexed chicks because more people would like them and they can sell them for a little more...you are lucky that they were ALL girls...even sexed chicks aren't 100%!

Last edited:
Quote:
They weren't sexed, but the employees said they were all "supposed" to be pullets. Of course, they were also supposed to be White Leghorns and, instead, they're all Red Sex Links! ARGH!!

That would explain the boy thing. Red sex link boys are white as chicks.

Quote:
I just sent an email to corporate. For anyone else that's had problems, their CS # is 877-872-7721. I'm going to wait to see what they say, as one store employee told my DH to email and raise holy heck. He said another person did that and had all their money refunded. I told them in the email that I was raising these chicks for eggs, so the cockerels are not going to be any good to me and I'm going to have to get rid of them - ARGH!
rant.gif

a friend & i went to tsc & i got 8 chicks & she got 7 .. we both only ended up with 1 pullet each ... yes they were st run but honestly how could there be that many roos ??!!!! i could see at least 3 pullets each but only 1.. sounds like they sex em b4 shipping . they came from mt healthy . its so disappointing when you grow em for 8-10 weeks to find out you have to find new homes for them ( they are bantams)

Back
Top Bottom