Songster
14 Years
Apr 1, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well my wheet is just sprouting I planted it 10 days ago
cool.png

wheetsprout.jpg

wheetcrop2.jpg

I'm amazed you have so little weeds! Here give fresh turned soil 10 days and it's covered in weedlets! Shoot, three days after tilling weedlets are seen sprouted everywhere! What's your trick? Or is it your weather?

Quote:
Dont know where you are but around here, give fresh turned soil 10 days and theres a house on it :eek:

Last edited:
Hahah! So true. The lot behind us just got turned into houses... good thing we have a few acres of barrier on ourlot to seperate them... Suckers in thoes houses will have to deal with the fact their back windows face the wrecking yard!!! (our lovely neighbors)

Here are some updated pictures of my wheat crop. Rain has been plentiful this year but large numbers of grasshoppers have slowwed growth and weeds of course have affected yeild. Hoping for 40 bushels/ acre on some but likely 20 in most places. Oh well as long as there is enough for the winter no matter.
DCP_0009.jpg

DCP_0008.jpg

Whew. That looks like a lush, cool, green space as we are suffering with these 90+ degree/1000% humidity days down south!

wow..nice crop of wheat...I see grasshoppers!....we don't have alot grasshoppers here...

Last edited:
Wow... lots of grasshoppers! That harvest looks so exciting. Do you rent or have a machine to harvest it all for you? How much does that run? It would be interesting to see the costs of growing maybe not an acre, but like a 100 x 100 patch of wheat or the like... something tells me it won't do well out here though... don't really ever see it grown... just short season corns.

Back
Top Bottom